How to I grow a volume? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to I grow a volume? - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I have some Oracle volumes which are reaching max capacity. I need to add new disks then grow the existing vols. How can I do this? Any ideas? Thanks....

  1. How to I grow a volume?

    Hi

    I have some Oracle volumes which are reaching max capacity. I need to add
    new disks then grow the existing vols. How can I do this?
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to I grow a volume?

    hi,

    there are 2 possibilities to grow the volumes:

    1.) Increasing the size of the volume and the filesystem:
    vxresize -F fstype -g dg-name vol-name +size

    2.) Increasing the volume but not the filesystem:
    vxassist -g dg-name growto vol-name size (final space)
    vxassist -g dg-name growby vol-name size (addidtional space)

    in both cases, be sure, you have enough disks in your diskgroups. to adding
    a new disk to a diskgroup use:
    vxdg -g dg-name adddisk diskname=cxtxdx
    for diskname choose a name you want!

    "Solaris9000" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have some Oracle volumes which are reaching max capacity. I need to add
    >new disks then grow the existing vols. How can I do this?
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread