Remove veritas volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Remove veritas volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I am in a process of removing Veritas volume manager from my Box. I have sparc workstation with Solaris 5.1 and veritas volume manager 2.5.4 loaded. This has got all HDD setup in Veritas. Now I need to remove ...

  1. Remove veritas volume manager

    Hi

    I am in a process of removing Veritas volume manager from my Box. I have
    sparc workstation with Solaris 5.1 and veritas volume manager 2.5.4 loaded.
    This has got all HDD setup in Veritas. Now I need to remove the whole veritas
    from the system, still I should be able to boot the system. I have extra
    HDD to copy all the data volumes, so no issus with data. But what will I
    do to take out root HDD from veritas? After that I need to boot the system
    again.

    Replies are highly appreciated.

    Rgds
    Shahul

  2. Re: Remove veritas volume manager

    The info in this web page
    (http://unixway.com/vm/veritasvm/removevm.html) may help you.
    However, you may need to add a few steps to the whole process.

    "Shahul" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    > I am in a process of removing Veritas volume manager from my Box. I have
    >sparc workstation with Solaris 5.1 and veritas volume manager 2.5.4 loaded.
    >This has got all HDD setup in Veritas. Now I need to remove the whole veritas
    >from the system, still I should be able to boot the system. I have extra
    >HDD to copy all the data volumes, so no issus with data. But what will I
    >do to take out root HDD from veritas? After that I need to boot the system
    >again.
    >

    >Replies are highly appreciated.
    >
    >Rgds
    >Shahul