Volume Manager 3.5 and Trusted Solaris? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Volume Manager 3.5 and Trusted Solaris? - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am trying to integrate Volume Manager 3.5 into a Trusted Solaris 0401 system. After running vxinstall I get the following errors when booting then it fails to mount the fs. Starting VxVM restore daemon -> VxVM starting in boot ...

  1. Volume Manager 3.5 and Trusted Solaris?

    I am trying to integrate Volume Manager 3.5 into a Trusted Solaris 0401 system.
    After running vxinstall I get the following errors when booting then it fails
    to mount the fs.
    Starting VxVM restore daemon -> VxVM starting in boot mode ->
    ld.so.1:vxconfigd:fatal:libmp.so.2 open failed: No such file or directory.
    I see that "libmp.so.2" is located in /etc/vx/lib and /usr/lib. Any help
    resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Volume Manager 3.5 and Trusted Solaris?

    maybe the version of solaris is too old for vxvm 3.5?You can read the release
    notes of vxvm3.5.
    "Steve" wrote:

    >I am trying to integrate Volume Manager 3.5 into a Trusted Solaris 0401

    system.
    >After running vxinstall I get the following errors when booting then it

    fails
    >to mount the fs.
    >Starting VxVM restore daemon -> VxVM starting in boot mode ->
    >ld.so.1:vxconfigd:fatal:libmp.so.2 open failed: No such file or directory.
    >I see that "libmp.so.2" is located in /etc/vx/lib and /usr/lib. Any help
    >resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread