Mirroring disk/partitions - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Mirroring disk/partitions - Veritas Volume Manager ; I'm attempting to mirror an internal disk using VMSA (VM 3.2) on Solaris 8. From the disks menu I choose to mirror disk c1t0d0 using c1t3d0. The volumes on this disk are root, opt, usr, swap. All the volumes get ...

  1. Mirroring disk/partitions

    I'm attempting to mirror an internal disk using VMSA (VM 3.2) on Solaris 8.
    From the disks menu I choose to mirror disk c1t0d0 using c1t3d0. The volumes
    on this disk are root, opt, usr, swap.
    All the volumes get mirrored except for usr.
    I verify usr is on the same disk as the others. Just looking for an idea
    why it won't mirror with the other volumes. TIA.

  2. Re: Mirroring disk/partitions

    > I'm attempting to mirror an internal disk using VMSA (VM 3.2) on Solaris
    8.
    > From the disks menu I choose to mirror disk c1t0d0 using c1t3d0. The

    volumes
    > on this disk are root, opt, usr, swap.
    > All the volumes get mirrored except for usr.
    > I verify usr is on the same disk as the others. Just looking for an idea
    > why it won't mirror with the other volumes. TIA.

    It would help us a lot helping you, with a the output from:
    vxprint -thf -g rootdg

  3. Re: Mirroring disk/partitions

    Hi,

    Have you made the private regions the same length on both disks? Running
    a vxprint -g rootdg -rth will show you the private region length. If
    they are different this "problem" will occur. If you use vxdiskadm to
    initialize the disk it will ask you if you want to use the default
    private region length. Select NO and type in the length found for the
    rootdisk.

    Hope this helps.

    /Peter

    sgbarter wrote:
    > I'm attempting to mirror an internal disk using VMSA (VM 3.2) on Solaris 8.
    > From the disks menu I choose to mirror disk c1t0d0 using c1t3d0. The volumes
    > on this disk are root, opt, usr, swap.
    > All the volumes get mirrored except for usr.
    > I verify usr is on the same disk as the others. Just looking for an idea
    > why it won't mirror with the other volumes. TIA.

+ Reply to Thread