bad alert from vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on bad alert from vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I have a sunfire 880 wiht 2 controllers, volume manager 3.2 and solaris 8. I have this alert in vmsa: "2 of 2 path to disk are disabled" in object c1t2d0s2. Somebody can help me? Thanks again. Jordi...

  1. bad alert from vmsa

    Hi,

    I have a sunfire 880 wiht 2 controllers, volume manager 3.2 and solaris 8.

    I have this alert in vmsa:
    "2 of 2 path to disk are disabled" in object c1t2d0s2.

    Somebody can help me?
    Thanks again.

    Jordi

  2. Re: bad alert from vmsa

    Hi,

    May be the disk is not labeled. Or you have to do a vxdctl enable after the
    labeling. Or it's a read-only disk which don't allow labeling.

    Regards,
    Praveen

    "Jordi Pallarès" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a sunfire 880 wiht 2 controllers, volume manager 3.2 and solaris 8.
    >
    > I have this alert in vmsa:
    > "2 of 2 path to disk are disabled" in object c1t2d0s2.
    >
    > Somebody can help me?
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Jordi

+ Reply to Thread