DMP with a Fastt500 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on DMP with a Fastt500 - Veritas Volume Manager ; Does anybody have DMP working with a IBM Fastt500 or Fastt700? If you do, can you send me a few hints? thanks...

  1. DMP with a Fastt500

    Does anybody have DMP working with a IBM Fastt500 or Fastt700?

    If you do, can you send me a few hints?

    thanks

  2. Re: DMP with a Fastt500

    DMP is not working an a FastT500 (I don't know about the FastT700,
    probably the same though). The T500 (and probably the T700) has LSI
    controllers and needs a RDAC driver (at least on a Solaris box) to
    switch between the controllers. What settings that has to be done on the
    T500/T700 I don't know.
    DMP requires the same serial number to be visible from both I/O path's
    and that is not the case with the T500 (probably the same on the T700).

    /Peter

    J&J wrote:
    > Does anybody have DMP working with a IBM Fastt500 or Fastt700?
    >
    > If you do, can you send me a few hints?
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread