after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000 - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I'm installing VVM 3.1.1 in my E420R, Solaris 8 with an D1000 connected to it. The problem is : when I type vxinstall, the installer just sees the internal controller (c0) but doesn`t sees the D1000's controller (c3), BUT ...

  1. after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000

    Hi, I'm installing VVM 3.1.1 in my E420R, Solaris 8 with an D1000 connected
    to it.

    The problem is : when I type vxinstall, the installer just sees the internal
    controller (c0) but doesn`t sees the D1000's controller (c3), BUT IT DOES
    when I type format , then it's when the 12 disks are shown....

    what can be happening ?

  2. Re: after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000

    You require a patch

    Brinder
    "Yuri Witrön " wrote:

    >Hi, I'm installing VVM 3.1.1 in my E420R, Solaris 8 with an D1000 connected
    >to it.
    >
    >The problem is : when I type vxinstall, the installer just sees the internal
    >controller (c0) but doesn`t sees the D1000's controller (c3), BUT IT DOES
    >when I type format , then it's when the 12 disks are shown....
    >
    >what can be happening ?

  3. Re: after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000

    what patch it is ?
    I've been searching , but none seems to be right to solve the problem...

    "Brinder" wrote:

    >You require a patch
    >

    >Brinder
    >"Yuri Witrön " wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi, I'm installing VVM 3.1.1 in my E420R, Solaris 8 with an D1000 connected
    >>to it.
    >>
    >>The problem is : when I type vxinstall, the installer just sees the internal
    >>controller (c0) but doesn`t sees the D1000's controller (c3), BUT IT DOES
    >>when I type format , then it's when the 12 disks are shown....
    >>
    >>what can be happening ?

  4. Re: after vxinstall , VVM doesn't sees my D1000

    What patch it is?, the host has installed the :
    111847
    109529
    111413
    109529-06
    111095-12
    111412-10

    I don't installed 110722 since it's for AP since I don't have 2 controllers
    connected to the same Array ( I just have 1 array with it controller).

    But it still can't see the array when I type "vxinstall"
    it just shows the c0 controller, not c3 which i't sthe controller connected
    to the array...

    maybe some of the vxvm311pX+vmsa31... patches can do the job ?

    I really hope you can help me...

    Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread