msa shows bogus alert "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled" - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on msa shows bogus alert "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled" - Veritas Volume Manager ; I just replaced a failed disk in my Sun A5100 array follwing the documented proceedure. Everything worked as expected and the new drive is functional but I have this nagging alert in vmsa: "2 of 2 paths to disk are ...

  1. msa shows bogus alert "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled"

    I just replaced a failed disk in my Sun A5100 array follwing
    the documented proceedure. Everything worked as expected and
    the new drive is functional but I have this nagging alert
    in vmsa: "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled". However, I can
    find no reason for this alert. "vxdisk list c0t80d0s2" shows
    both paths are "state=enabled". vmsa itself shows both paths
    under the properties/paths tab are enabled. I've tried the vmsa
    clear alerts without effect. Tried "vxdmpadm enable". Why
    does vm think the paths are disabled when they clearly are not
    and how do I clear this bogus alert? I'm using vm 3.0.4
    under Solaris 2.6 (legacy software prevents us from upgrading
    Solaris unfortunately). Thanks.

  2. Re: vmsa shows bogus alert "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled"

    Odd, it went away after about 2 hours. I don't think I did
    anything to fix it. Last thing I did before noticing the alert
    went away was run /usr/lib/vxvm/diag.d/vxdmpdebug . If anyone
    has a good explanation, I would very much like to know how this
    works.

    "jfelten" wrote:

    >I just replaced a failed disk in my Sun A5100 array follwing
    >the documented proceedure. Everything worked as expected and
    >the new drive is functional but I have this nagging alert
    >in vmsa: "2 of 2 paths to disk are disabled". However, I can
    >find no reason for this alert. "vxdisk list c0t80d0s2" shows
    >both paths are "state=enabled". vmsa itself shows both paths
    >under the properties/paths tab are enabled. I've tried the vmsa
    >clear alerts without effect. Tried "vxdmpadm enable". Why
    >does vm think the paths are disabled when they clearly are not
    >and how do I clear this bogus alert? I'm using vm 3.0.4
    >under Solaris 2.6 (legacy software prevents us from upgrading
    >Solaris unfortunately). Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread