Change disk size VxVM 3.5 (different disk sizes in a mirror) - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Change disk size VxVM 3.5 (different disk sizes in a mirror) - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I need to change the size of 14 of my disks that are in one dg, most of these disks are 34.17GB but some are 33.6GB they are newer versions of the same disk so any replacements will be ...

  1. Change disk size VxVM 3.5 (different disk sizes in a mirror)

    Hi, I need to change the size of 14 of my disks that are in one dg, most of
    these disks are 34.17GB but some are 33.6GB they are newer versions of the
    same disk so any replacements will be 33.6GB.
    I'm creating a mirrored continuous volume with these 14 disks across a
    controller (7 on one controller 7 on there other).
    What would be the best way to insure that I can replace any of the 34.17GB
    disks with the newer 33.6GB disks??

    Thanks very much,
    Adam

  2. Re: Change disk size VxVM 3.5 (different disk sizes in a mirror)

    Evacuate the logical volumes on that disk to another
    bring disk out of dg and veritas contral
    Put another disk in and bring back the lg's that were evacuated.

    Brinder

    "Adam Crain" wrote:
    >Hi, I need to change the size of 14 of my disks that are in one dg, most

    of
    >these disks are 34.17GB but some are 33.6GB they are newer versions of the
    >same disk so any replacements will be 33.6GB.
    >I'm creating a mirrored continuous volume with these 14 disks across a
    >controller (7 on one controller 7 on there other).
    >What would be the best way to insure that I can replace any of the 34.17GB
    >disks with the newer 33.6GB disks??
    >
    >Thanks very much,
    >Adam

  3. Re: Change disk size VxVM 3.5 (different disk sizes in a mirror)

    Do you think you could explain this a little better??

    Thanks,
    Adam

    "Brinder" wrote in message news:3ddbcb0b$1@hronntp01....

    > Evacuate the logical volumes on that disk to another
    > bring disk out of dg and veritas contral
    > Put another disk in and bring back the lg's that were evacuated.
    >

    > Brinder
    >

    > "Adam Crain" wrote:
    > >Hi, I need to change the size of 14 of my disks that are in one dg, most

    > of
    > >these disks are 34.17GB but some are 33.6GB they are newer versions of

    the
    > >same disk so any replacements will be 33.6GB.
    > >I'm creating a mirrored continuous volume with these 14 disks across a
    > >controller (7 on one controller 7 on there other).
    > >What would be the best way to insure that I can replace any of the

    34.17GB
    > >disks with the newer 33.6GB disks??
    > >
    > >Thanks very much,
    > >Adam