VxVM install problem - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VxVM install problem - Veritas Volume Manager ; When I install vxvm3.2 on solaris,using slice to make rootdg,I met this problem.Does someone know what happened? # vxdisk -f init c1t0d0s6 type=simple vxvm:vxconfigd: ERROR: enable failed: Error in disk group configuration copies Rootdg disk group has no configuration copies; ...

  1. VxVM install problem

    When I install vxvm3.2 on solaris,using slice to make rootdg,I met this problem.Does
    someone know what happened?

    # vxdisk -f init c1t0d0s6 type=simple
    vxvm:vxconfigd: ERROR: enable failed: Error in disk group configuration copies
    Rootdg disk group has no configuration copies; transactions are disabled.
    vxvm:vxdisk: ERROR: Device c1t0d0s6: define failed:
    Root disk group is not enabled
    #

  2. Re: VxVM install problem

    Did you run:
    # vxconfigd -m disable
    # vxdctl init
    # vxdg init rootdg
    before?

    Why you want it to be on slice?

    "Locky" wrote in message news:3dc76538$1@hronntp01....

    > When I install vxvm3.2 on solaris,using slice to make rootdg,I met this

    problem.Does
    > someone know what happened?
    >
    > # vxdisk -f init c1t0d0s6 type=simple
    > vxvm:vxconfigd: ERROR: enable failed: Error in disk group configuration

    copies
    > Rootdg disk group has no configuration copies; transactions are

    disabled.
    > vxvm:vxdisk: ERROR: Device c1t0d0s6: define failed:
    > Root disk group is not enabled
    > #

+ Reply to Thread