Trying to find the serial # - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Trying to find the serial # - Veritas Volume Manager ; We have approx 40 unix servers with Veritas licenses...how do I find the veritas volume manager software serial number on each machine? is it even stored anywhere? Veritas sends us an FSTxxxxx but some of them do not list hostids ...

  1. Trying to find the serial #

    We have approx 40 unix servers with Veritas licenses...how do I find
    the veritas volume manager software serial number on each machine? is it

    even stored anywhere? Veritas sends us an FSTxxxxx but some of them do
    not list hostids and we need to provide them.

  2. Re: Trying to find the serial #

    What you will do:
    vxlicense -p
    to find out correspondence between Veritas product and feature number
    For example for VM
    vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name: VxVM [95]

    Tnah you will go to /etc/vx/elm directory
    cat 95.lic
    3# cat 95.lic
    !
    # DO NOT EDIT/COPY/MOVE/TOUCH THIS FILE!
    # DOING SO WILL INVALIDATE THE KEY!
    71174164717086698049077 <<---------------------- THIS IS your license key
    for VM

    1 -1
    8035994215688627790515283943521405882446981
    2480289238132142478231652703808100834692255
    66828208646129762891008208861243

    Regards,

    Igor

    "Marsha Beers" wrote in message

    > We have approx 40 unix servers with Veritas licenses...how do I find
    > the veritas volume manager software serial number on each machine? is it
    >
    > even stored anywhere? Veritas sends us an FSTxxxxx but some of them do
    > not list hostids and we need to provide them.

+ Reply to Thread