Veritas VXDUMP - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas VXDUMP - Veritas Volume Manager ; I'm running solaris 8 and using Veritas Netbackups, but I need to cut a tape using and IBM DLT 7000 for a client and they requested to use the vxdump command, but I really don't know what's the proper syntax ...

  1. Veritas VXDUMP

    I'm running solaris 8 and using Veritas Netbackups, but I need to cut a tape
    using and IBM DLT 7000 for a client and they requested to use the vxdump
    command, but I really don't know what's the proper syntax to copy VXVM Volumes
    to a tape using the vxdump command.

    Any help, will greatly appreciate!!

    Armando <

  2. Re: Veritas VXDUMP

    vxdump is the Veritas File System equivalent of ufsdump, not a VxVM thing.
    Have a look at the man page for vxdump, the command structure is similar to
    ufsdump, only for a VxFS filesystem
    http://devresource.hp.com/STK/man/11.20/vxdump_1m.html
    Alternatively, look in the file_system newsgroup.
    Andy

    "Armando Rivera" wrote in message

    > I'm running solaris 8 and using Veritas Netbackups, but I need to cut a

    tape
    > using and IBM DLT 7000 for a client and they requested to use the vxdump
    > command, but I really don't know what's the proper syntax to copy VXVM

    Volumes
    > to a tape using the vxdump command.
    >
    > Any help, will greatly appreciate!!
    >
    > Armando <