Is is possible to copy rootvol - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Is is possible to copy rootvol - Veritas Volume Manager ; ...

  1. Is is possible to copy rootvol

  2. Re: Is is possible to copy rootvol

    "Sunny Chen" wrote:

    Sorry, I accidentally hit enter key and hasn't started to type my question.

    My question is: if a volume is corrupted, how to copy the mirror of the volume
    back to repair the volume?

    I assume to use "vxrecover", since it's an answer I found in the document.

    How about if I can't boot the system?

    I guess I can try to boot from alternet boot disk, then mount the main boot
    disk to /mnt, and use "vxrecover" to copy the mirror of the volume back to
    the main boot disk?!

    Sorry my question maybe kind of confusing to you, since I am trying to write
    a backout plan about what happen if the system is failed to be booted after
    I upgrade the OS.

    Thanks.

    S.C.

+ Reply to Thread