How to remove expired licenses? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to remove expired licenses? - Veritas Volume Manager ; How can we remove expired licenses, eg, EMC Foundation Suite by VERITAS [107]? We no longer use it so we need to remove this messages from vxlicense -p. -- Mason...

  1. How to remove expired licenses?

    --
    Mason

  2. Re: How to remove expired licenses?

    The licenses sit in the directory /etc/vx/elm
    you can delete em as you please.

    "Mason" wrote:

    >How can we remove expired licenses, eg, EMC Foundation Suite by VERITAS

    [107]?
    >We no longer use it so we need to remove this messages from vxlicense -p.
    >--
    >Mason

  3. Re: How to remove expired licenses?

    I wouldn't go deleting them wildly.

    Confirm which ones no longer apply by using
    /usr/sbin/vxlicense -p
    /etc/vx/bin/vxliccheck -pv

    Then yes if they are old/invalid, feel free to delete them.

    Chris.

    "Ryan Wyler" wrote:

    >The licenses sit in the directory /etc/vx/elm
    >you can delete em as you please.
    >
    >"Mason" wrote:
    >>
    >>How can we remove expired licenses, eg, EMC Foundation Suite by VERITAS

    >[107]?
    >>We no longer use it so we need to remove this messages from vxlicense -p.
    >>--
    >>Mason

  4. Re: How to remove expired licenses?

    To remove specific license like VERITAS [107] there would be file in /etc/vx/elm/107.lic
    just remove this file.

    "Mason" wrote:

    >How can we remove expired licenses, eg, EMC Foundation Suite by VERITAS

    [107]?
    >We no longer use it so we need to remove this messages from vxlicense -p.
    >--
    >Mason

+ Reply to Thread