<vxvm:vxslicer: ERROR: Not enough free partitions.> - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on <vxvm:vxslicer: ERROR: Not enough free partitions.> - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi. When I attempt to encapsulate my rootdisk (c0t3d0), I receive the following error: I have one free slice (#7). Does anyone have any suggestions? Mike...

  1. <vxvm:vxslicer: ERROR: Not enough free partitions.>

    Hi. When I attempt to encapsulate my rootdisk (c0t3d0), I receive the following
    error:

    I have one free slice (#7). Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Mike

  2. Re: <vxvm:vxslicer: ERROR: Not enough free partitions.>

    Hi,

    For VM to encapsulate the disk it needs minimum 2 free slices.

    Please make sure that you have 2 free slices on the disk before you encap.

    Or follow the release notes of VM to encap the disk with "nopriv" option.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Mike wrote in message news:3b7170c3$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi. When I attempt to encapsulate my rootdisk (c0t3d0), I receive the

    following
    > error:
    >

    > I have one free slice (#7). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Mike

+ Reply to Thread