Sharing Network Drive - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Sharing Network Drive - Veritas Volume Manager ; I just installed Veritas Volume Manager on an E3500 server running Solaris 7. Before loading I was sharing out a drive to another server, an E4500, which was already running VVM. After configuring VVM I then shared this drive out ...

  1. Sharing Network Drive

    I just installed Veritas Volume Manager on an E3500 server running
    Solaris 7. Before loading I was sharing out a drive to another server,
    an E4500, which was already running VVM. After configuring VVM I then
    shared this drive out again. I can mount it from the 4500 but it will
    not allow me to write to the drive. The /etc/dfs/dfstab is

    share -F ufs -o sfunixprod /archives

    The germane line in /etc/vfstab on the 3500 is

    /dev/vx/dsk/array/archives /dev/vx/rdsk/array/archives /archives ufs 3
    yes share

    On the 4500 the /etc/vfstab line is

    dev:/archives - /unixdev nfs - yes rw

    Any idea why I cannot write to this drive from the 4500?

    Jim Adams
    jadams@aoc.gov
    --

  2. Re: Sharing Network Drive

    Hi!

    try to use this syntac in /etc/dfs/dfstab

    share -F nfs -o rw,anon=0 /the_fs_u_wan_to_share

    enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread