We are in the process of migrating our Informix database from raw devices
VxVM managed volumes. They will not be on filesystems, but still raw to Informix.

Problem: To migrate, we drop the original primary and add the VM volume letting
Informix
sync from its mirror, then drop the Informix mirror. We Informix does
a normal resync it takes around 15 minutes ro a 2gb chunk. As we are migrating
it is taking over 60 minutes to do a 2gb chunk to VM volumes.

The VM drives on on an A5000 array.

Has anyone done a similar migration who might be able to enlighten me to
the
perils and pitfalls? My DBA is extremely paranoid of dropping performance
the point of forgoing creating a failover cluster (VCS) just to stay
on raw devices.