Hi Gang, I'm using vxdump to backup my data and I've ran into a
situation where one of my volumes is larger than a single DLT tape. I
thought that I could just dump specific directories off of the large
volume & backup the data in parts. But I discovered that vxdump doesn't
let you backup just directories (you can only backup devices).

I think my only options are to try to figure out a way to span tapes,
possibly using expect or something similar or maybe use tar (gasp) to
backup the data. But I thought that I would ask the group to see if
anyone has any other suggestions.

(vxdump is weak!)

Thanks in advance,
jeff