joining of subdisks fails in GUI and command line - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on joining of subdisks fails in GUI and command line - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi!! I hava vxvm on Solaris 8. I tried to join 3 contiguous subdisks which make up one plex (concatenation) of a subvolume in a striped pro. This failed however with the message 'non contigous subdisks' (but they were!!) Anyone ...

  1. joining of subdisks fails in GUI and command line

    Hi!!

    I hava vxvm on Solaris 8. I tried to join 3 contiguous subdisks which make
    up one plex (concatenation) of a subvolume in a striped pro. This failed
    however with the message 'non contigous subdisks' (but they were!!)
    Anyone any idea why this may fail?

    Thanks

    Kristien

  2. Re: joining of subdisks fails in GUI and command line

    Hi Kristine,

    Check is there any plex or subdisk existing on any one of the three disks.
    If so then it is not contigues. Please let me know if you still have
    problem.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Kristien wrote in message

    > Hi!!
    >
    > I hava vxvm on Solaris 8. I tried to join 3 contiguous subdisks which make
    > up one plex (concatenation) of a subvolume in a striped pro. This failed
    > however with the message 'non contigous subdisks' (but they were!!)
    > Anyone any idea why this may fail?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kristien

+ Reply to Thread