NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: added disk array OTHER_DISKS - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: added disk array OTHER_DISKS - Veritas Volume Manager ; I get this NOTICE during boot up. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks!...

  1. NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: added disk array OTHER_DISKS

    I get this NOTICE during boot up. Does anyone know what it means?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: NOTICE: vxvm:vxdmp: added disk array OTHER_DISKS

    Hi,

    From VM 3.2 onwards veritas intoduced the DDL ( Device Discovery Layer )
    which is use full to add devices dynamically with put rebooting the machine
    as in old VMs. So when vxdmp trys to add the devices in dmp database then
    DDL layer will add the devices under catagories. OTHER_DISKS is the catogary
    for the disks which are not in specific enclosure like SENA or T3.

    So don't worry this is an informative message.

    Please let me know if youi need more information on DDL.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Chris wrote in message

    > I get this NOTICE during boot up. Does anyone know what it means?
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread