vxvm: WARNING: No suitable partition from swapvol to set as the dump device. - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxvm: WARNING: No suitable partition from swapvol to set as the dump device. - Veritas Volume Manager ; Can anyone tell me what this message means? I get this during boot up. Thanks....

  1. vxvm: WARNING: No suitable partition from swapvol to set as the dump device.

    Can anyone tell me what this message means?
    I get this during boot up.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: vxvm: WARNING: No suitable partition from swapvol to set as the dump device.

    Please use dumpadm command to set a dump device on a swap device. If you are
    using VM 3.2 then it will setup the dump device automatically. If not let
    me know.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Chris wrote in message

    > Can anyone tell me what this message means?
    > I get this during boot up.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread