Rename a file system - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Rename a file system - Veritas Volume Manager ; I need to change the name of a file system (mount point) under one of my volumes. Is this as easy as unmounting the file system, changing the mount mointin vfstab, making a directory, and mounting it back? If anyone ...

  1. Rename a file system

    I need to change the name of a file system (mount point) under one of my volumes.
    Is this as easy as unmounting the file system, changing the mount mointin
    vfstab, making a directory, and mounting it back? If anyone cn help please
    let me know.

  2. Re: Rename a file system

    Hi!

    I believe it is just easy as u mention. U r talking about chnage to mount
    point of the volume, u can just treat the volume as one of ur harddisk slices.

    Dylan

    "Jeff " wrote:

    >I need to change the name of a file system (mount point) under one of my

    volumes.
    >Is this as easy as unmounting the file system, changing the mount mointin
    >vfstab, making a directory, and mounting it back? If anyone cn help please
    >let me know.

+ Reply to Thread