d1000 not recognized with vxinstall - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on d1000 not recognized with vxinstall - Veritas Volume Manager ; I'm sure some regulars have seen this 100 times. Heck, I've seen it twice, but I can't remember the fix. I have a 220R running a fresh copy of Sol_7 with the latest recommended patch from Sunsolve. The box sees ...

  1. d1000 not recognized with vxinstall

    I'm sure some regulars have seen this 100 times. Heck, I've seen it twice,
    but I can't remember the fix.

    I have a 220R running a fresh copy of Sol_7 with the latest recommended patch
    from Sunsolve. The box sees the disks with probe-scsi-all, and I can even
    see them from format, but when I run vxinstall it complains that there is
    no array. I have two questions:

    - Is the D1000 considered one of the lucky arrays that VM will give a RTU
    license for during install?

    - There used to be "special" patches required to get VM to recognize the
    A1000. I don't know if this issue extended to the D1000, but I remember
    there were two patches that had to be installed. Does this ring any bells?
    Does this apply to my D1000?

    Anyone with any advice?

    Thanks.

    Brian

  2. Re: d1000 not recognized with vxinstall

    no it doesnt give to you license for VM,
    if you have A5X00 , A5x00 is a lucky array ))

    > I'm sure some regulars have seen this 100 times. Heck, I've seen it twice,
    > but I can't remember the fix.
    >
    > I have a 220R running a fresh copy of Sol_7 with the latest recommended patch
    > from Sunsolve. The box sees the disks with probe-scsi-all, and I can even
    > see them from format, but when I run vxinstall it complains that there is
    > no array. I have two questions:
    >
    > - Is the D1000 considered one of the lucky arrays that VM will give a RTU
    > license for during install?
    >
    > - There used to be "special" patches required to get VM to recognize the
    > A1000. I don't know if this issue extended to the D1000, but I remember
    > there were two patches that had to be installed. Does this ring any bells?
    > Does this apply to my D1000?
    >
    > Anyone with any advice?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Brian

  3. Re: d1000 not recognized with vxinstall

    I think D1000 is not treated as a disk storage array. If you can see the disks
    through format, then just ananlyse/encapsulate them through vxdiskadm.
    Waqar

    "Brian" wrote:

    >I'm sure some regulars have seen this 100 times. Heck, I've seen it twice,
    >but I can't remember the fix.
    >
    >I have a 220R running a fresh copy of Sol_7 with the latest recommended

    patch
    >from Sunsolve. The box sees the disks with probe-scsi-all, and I can even
    >see them from format, but when I run vxinstall it complains that there is
    >no array. I have two questions:
    >
    > - Is the D1000 considered one of the lucky arrays that VM will give a RTU
    >license for during install?
    >
    > - There used to be "special" patches required to get VM to recognize the
    >A1000. I don't know if this issue extended to the D1000, but I remember
    >there were two patches that had to be installed. Does this ring any bells?
    > Does this apply to my D1000?
    >
    >Anyone with any advice?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Brian