vxresize-Cannot determine fs current size for vol - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxresize-Cannot determine fs current size for vol - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have tried to resize a volume (both command line and GUI) and I get the following error: vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: Cannot determine file system current size for volume orabackup I have tried vxassist to resize the volume, but I would ...

  1. vxresize-Cannot determine fs current size for vol

    I have tried to resize a volume (both command line and GUI) and I get the
    following error:

    vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: Cannot determine file system current size for volume
    orabackup

    I have tried vxassist to resize the volume, but I would like to be able to
    resize the filesystem on that volume (vxfs). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    in advance!
    Jeff

  2. Re: vxresize-Cannot determine fs current size for vol

    I had encountered the similar problem when I created a volume with 4G in size.
    I got the same errors when I tried to resize (grow) the volume onto the same
    disk or any other disks.

    But when I created 2 other volumes (3G and 5G) on the same disk as the 4G
    volume,
    I was able to resize (both shrink and grow) these volumes on any disks.

    I believe there is a bug in VxVM which wouldn't let you resize if a volume
    is of
    certain size.

    "Jeff B." wrote:

    >I have tried to resize a volume (both command line and GUI) and I get the
    >following error:
    >
    >vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: Cannot determine file system current size for volume
    >orabackup
    >
    >I have tried vxassist to resize the volume, but I would like to be able

    >resize the filesystem on that volume (vxfs). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    >in advance!
    >Jeff

+ Reply to Thread