upgrade sevm 2.6 to vxvm 3.0.4 with no rootdg - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on upgrade sevm 2.6 to vxvm 3.0.4 with no rootdg - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I am upgrading my version of volume manager from SEVM 2.6 to VERITAS VXVM 3.0.4. I suspect that I do not have to carry out the upgrade_start/finish scripts, because I am using a "dummy" rootdg on (a 150MB) slice ...

  1. upgrade sevm 2.6 to vxvm 3.0.4 with no rootdg

    Hi
    I am upgrading my version of volume manager
    from SEVM 2.6 to VERITAS VXVM 3.0.4.
    I suspect that I do not have to carry out the upgrade_start/finish scripts,
    because I am using a "dummy" rootdg on (a 150MB) slice 3(i.e. SDS mirrors
    my rootdisks).
    Is it just as simple as pkgrm SUNWvxvm, etc followed by pkgadd VRTSvxvm,
    etc ??

    Has anybody been down this road before,
    Rgds,
    Colin

  2. Re: upgrade sevm 2.6 to vxvm 3.0.4 with no rootdg

    In case anyone's interested...
    Here is what i've done.
    1. the install_start and install_finish scripts are note necessary.
    2. sun info doc relating to SUNWxxx to VRTSxxx upgrades was useful.
    2. because I'm using a clustered system, the vxdg upgrade command needs to
    be used to upgrade (as opposed to import) the diskgroups.

    Rgds,
    Colin

    "colin daly" wrote:

    >Hi
    >I am upgrading my version of volume manager
    >from SEVM 2.6 to VERITAS VXVM 3.0.4.
    >I suspect that I do not have to carry out the upgrade_start/finish scripts,
    >because I am using a "dummy" rootdg on (a 150MB) slice 3(i.e. SDS mirrors
    >my rootdisks).
    >Is it just as simple as pkgrm SUNWvxvm, etc followed by pkgadd VRTSvxvm,
    >etc ??
    >
    >Has anybody been down this road before,
    >Rgds,
    >Colin