vxvm and disksuite - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxvm and disksuite - Veritas Volume Manager ; Can anyone point me at info regarding the coexistence of vxvm and disksuite on the same box. In particular using disksuite to mirror root etc. and vxvm for an A5000 for example....

  1. vxvm and disksuite

    Can anyone point me at info regarding the coexistence of
    vxvm and disksuite on the same box. In particular using
    disksuite to mirror root etc. and vxvm for an A5000 for example.

  2. Re: vxvm and disksuite

    "Bryan Turner" wrote:

    >Can anyone point me at info regarding the coexistence of
    >vxvm and disksuite on the same box. In particular using
    >disksuite to mirror root etc. and vxvm for an A5000 for example.

    They can coexist with no problems. Just configure your boot
    drive to DiskSuite and mirror root, and then run vxinstall
    on the server to add two drives to disk group rootdg and the
    rest to another diskgroup. You should have two drives
    in the rootdg disk group. I would have your A5000 drives in
    your other diskgroup(s), and keep your internal drives other
    than your boot drive and mirror in rootdg. Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread