how do I increase the size of striped vol? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on how do I increase the size of striped vol? - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I am running VxVm 2.6, & Solaris 2.6 and I would like to increase the size of a striped mirrored volume (RAID 01). Is this possible to do dynamically ie without breaking the mirror and stripe set ? Cheers. ...

  1. how do I increase the size of striped vol?

    Hi

    I am running VxVm 2.6, & Solaris 2.6 and I would like to increase the size
    of a striped mirrored volume (RAID 01). Is this possible to do dynamically
    ie without breaking the mirror and stripe set ?

    Cheers.

    Jon Tsu

  2. Re: how do I increase the size of striped vol?

    "Jon Tsu" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >I am running VxVm 2.6, & Solaris 2.6 and I would like to increase the size
    >of a striped mirrored volume (RAID 01). Is this possible to do dynamically
    >ie without breaking the mirror and stripe set ?
    >
    >Cheers.
    >
    >Jon Tsu

    check the VRTS knowledge database, there is a technote for this.

  3. Re: how do I increase the size of striped vol?

    you can try VxVM relayout...

    regards,

    Cleyton Ferreira

    "kalyan" wrote in message

    > "Jon Tsu" wrote:
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >I am running VxVm 2.6, & Solaris 2.6 and I would like to increase the

    size
    > >of a striped mirrored volume (RAID 01). Is this possible to do

    dynamically
    > >ie without breaking the mirror and stripe set ?
    > >
    > >Cheers.
    > >
    > >Jon Tsu
    > >

    > check the VRTS knowledge database, there is a technote for this.

+ Reply to Thread