vxinstall- No arrays found - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxinstall- No arrays found - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, Trying to install an A5000 on an Enterprise 450. vxinstall is claiming there are no arrays found. This is a fresh install of Solaris 7, and 3.0.2. Please CC me. Thanks. Tuc...

  1. vxinstall- No arrays found

    Hi,

    Trying to install an A5000 on an Enterprise 450. vxinstall is claiming there
    are no arrays found. This is a fresh install of Solaris 7, and 3.0.2.

    Please CC me. Thanks.

    Tuc

  2. Re: vxinstall- No arrays found

    At O.K Prompt run probe-fcal or probe-scsi and find out whether
    physical connections are o.k.
    Later do a reconfiguration boot so that solaris can see the disks.
    Using format see whether you are able to see all the disks.
    Then use vxinstall to configure the disks on the system

    "Tuc" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Trying to install an A5000 on an Enterprise 450. vxinstall is claiming

    there
    >are no arrays found. This is a fresh install of Solaris 7, and 3.0.2.
    >
    >Please CC me. Thanks.
    >
    >Tuc

  3. Re: vxinstall- No arrays found

    It should be pointed out that just being able to "see" the disks
    with format is not enough. You need to label the drives before
    volume manager can see them as well.

    "Rajesh Vadde" wrote:

    >At O.K Prompt run probe-fcal or probe-scsi and find out whether
    >physical connections are o.k.
    >Later do a reconfiguration boot so that solaris can see the disks.
    >Using format see whether you are able to see all the disks.
    >Then use vxinstall to configure the disks on the system
    >
    >"Tuc" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Trying to install an A5000 on an Enterprise 450. vxinstall is claiming

    >there
    >>are no arrays found. This is a fresh install of Solaris 7, and 3.0.2.
    >>
    >>Please CC me. Thanks.
    >>
    >>Tuc

+ Reply to Thread