vxdg deport &import with 2 version of volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxdg deport &import with 2 version of volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have create disks group whith vm 3.1 and copy data into this disk group then i deport the disk group and try to import it from other machine with vm 2.5X i got error my question is : is ...

  1. vxdg deport &import with 2 version of volume manager

    I have create disks group whith vm 3.1 and copy data into this disk group
    then i deport the disk group and try to import it
    from other machine with vm 2.5X i got error
    my question is : is it possible to create disk group with vm 3.1
    and import them from vm 2.6 (the disks is on EMC machine)

  2. Re: vxdg deport &import with 2 version of volume manager

    Volume Manager has internal version refers to features supported can be seen
    with "/usr/sbin/vxprint -l -g | grep version" command. VxVM 3.1
    refers to internal version 70 & VxVM 2.5x refers to internal version 50 so
    its not possible to import DG created in VxVM 3.1 to VxVM 2.5x

    "Ron Cohen" wrote:

    >I have create disks group whith vm 3.1 and copy data into this disk group
    >then i deport the disk group and try to import it
    >from other machine with vm 2.5X i got error
    >my question is : is it possible to create disk group with vm 3.1
    >and import them from vm 2.6 (the disks is on EMC machine)

  3. Re: vxdg deport &import with 2 version of volume manager

    Hi Ron,

    If you have to use the disk group on both versions of VM you need to create
    the disk group on the older VM (2.5x). VM 3.1 will support disk groups
    created with VM 2.x and up.

    Regards,
    Peter

    Ron Cohen wrote:

    > I have create disks group whith vm 3.1 and copy data into this disk group
    > then i deport the disk group and try to import it
    > from other machine with vm 2.5X i got error
    > my question is : is it possible to create disk group with vm 3.1
    > and import them from vm 2.6 (the disks is on EMC machine)

+ Reply to Thread