mirror problem - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on mirror problem - Veritas Volume Manager ; Newsgroup, We are currently running Solaris 2.6 with Veritas 3.0.2. Over the weekend, something happen to our filesystem volumes that we have not been able to track down. Duplicated directories have occurred on all of our filesystems. The duplicated revisions ...

  1. mirror problem

    Newsgroup,

    We are currently running Solaris 2.6 with Veritas 3.0.2.

    Over the weekend, something happen to our filesystem volumes that we
    have not been able to track down. Duplicated directories have occurred
    on all of our filesystems. The duplicated revisions have a extra ^M behind
    them that a regular "ls" command can not pick up. For example:

    % ls
    rtr_index
    name_index
    rtr_index
    name_index

    It appears to be a mirroring problem but Veritas software has no alert
    problems and configuration has not changed. Has anybody seen this problem
    before?

    Mark Hokhold

    hokhol2m@ncr.disa.mil

  2. Re: mirror problem

    A mirroring problem would only corrupt the data, not echo something only a
    file-system understands.
    VxVM is mirroring blocks, not files.
    Is this not something more related to the file system or application above?

    "Mark Hokhold" wrote in message

    > Newsgroup,
    >
    > We are currently running Solaris 2.6 with Veritas 3.0.2.
    >
    > Over the weekend, something happen to our filesystem volumes that we
    > have not been able to track down. Duplicated directories have occurred
    > on all of our filesystems. The duplicated revisions have a extra ^M

    behind
    > them that a regular "ls" command can not pick up. For example:
    >
    > % ls
    > rtr_index
    > name_index
    > rtr_index
    > name_index
    >

    > It appears to be a mirroring problem but Veritas software has no

    alert
    > problems and configuration has not changed. Has anybody seen this problem
    > before?
    >
    > Mark Hokhold
    >
    > hokhol2m@ncr.disa.mil

+ Reply to Thread