How to add new disk to a existing stripped volume? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to add new disk to a existing stripped volume? - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am using VxVM2.6. They have a stripped and mirrored volume. And I have two disk is empty. So,I am trying to add this two empty disk to the existing stripped and mirrored volume. What is the best way to ...

  1. How to add new disk to a existing stripped volume?

    I am using VxVM2.6.
    They have a stripped and mirrored volume. And I have two disk is
    empty. So,I am trying to add this two empty disk to the existing
    stripped and mirrored volume. What is the best way to add this
    disk to the existing strippled mirrored volume ?
    Thanks
    Alex

  2. Re: How to add new disk to a existing stripped volume?

    Add 2 disks to the existing disk group
    resize the striped volume using one disk
    mirror the resized volume on and including 2nd disk

    There may be other ways to do it, good luck.

    Kumar K

    "Alex" wrote:

    >I am using VxVM2.6.
    >They have a stripped and mirrored volume. And I have two disk is
    >empty. So,I am trying to add this two empty disk to the existing
    >stripped and mirrored volume. What is the best way to add this
    >disk to the existing strippled mirrored volume ?
    >Thanks
    >Alex

+ Reply to Thread