VxVM general startup - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VxVM general startup - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello fellow vxvm gurus! I have just installed vxvm3.0.4/vxfs3.3.3 on a sun cluster 2.2.7 environment and the system consistently hangs upon reboot at the "VxVM general startup" message. This is sun bug id 4111092 and a search thru google.com for ...

  1. VxVM general startup

    Hello fellow vxvm gurus!
    I have just installed vxvm3.0.4/vxfs3.3.3 on a sun cluster 2.2.7
    environment and the system consistently hangs upon reboot at the
    "VxVM general startup" message. This is sun bug id 4111092 and a
    search thru google.com for "VxVM general Startup" shows that many
    customers have the same problem. Anybody found a solution??
    Thanks,
    Colin

  2. Re: VxVM general startup

    Hallo,
    Problem solved! See sun bugid 4203266. Since I am using a cluster
    I have disabled DMP (by inserting the dummy kernel/drv/ap driver).
    The work around is to insert "ulimit -n 256" into the /etc/rc2.d/S25vmvm-sysboot
    file.
    It took me two days to find out this solution. I hope you can pass it on
    to the next poor soul.
    Rgds,
    Colin
    "Captain Scarlet is indestructible. You are not.
    Remember this, do not try to imitate him."

    "Colin Daly" wrote:

    >Hello fellow vxvm gurus!
    >I have just installed vxvm3.0.4/vxfs3.3.3 on a sun cluster 2.2.7
    > environment and the system consistently hangs upon reboot at the
    >"VxVM general startup" message. This is sun bug id 4111092 and a
    >search thru google.com for "VxVM general Startup" shows that many
    >customers have the same problem. Anybody found a solution??
    >Thanks,
    >Colin

+ Reply to Thread