vmsa won't start because it says vxvm daemon not enabled. - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vmsa won't start because it says vxvm daemon not enabled. - Veritas Volume Manager ; This is Solaris 2.7 How do I start vxvm daemon? I see /etc/rc2.d/S95vxvm-recover and the word recover scares me. Should I just run this script, or is their another way to start vxvm correctly? THANKS!!!!!...

  1. vmsa won't start because it says vxvm daemon not enabled.

    This is Solaris 2.7 How do I start vxvm daemon? I see /etc/rc2.d/S95vxvm-recover
    and the word recover scares me. Should I just run this script, or is their
    another way to start vxvm correctly?

    THANKS!!!!!

  2. Re: vmsa won't start because it says vxvm daemon not enabled.

    Tim,

    VxVM is possibly down as well if you have not got the VM daemon running.

    A 'ps -ef |grep vxconfigd' should show up something. If nothing comes back,
    try restarting the daemon with -

    # vxconfigd -k -m enable

    This should fix things. The only question is .. why did the daemon die/not
    start ..

    cheers,
    Prad.

    "Tim" wrote:

    >This is Solaris 2.7 How do I start vxvm daemon? I see /etc/rc2.d/S95vxvm-recover
    >and the word recover scares me. Should I just run this script, or is their
    >another way to start vxvm correctly?
    >
    >THANKS!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread