vxresize - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxresize - Veritas Volume Manager ; When trying to resize my volume/file system with vxresise...I keep getting a ERROR: Cannont determine file system current size for volume /XXX. command: vxresize -F vxfs -g oradg u01 +1g Anyone seen this?...

  1. vxresize

    When trying to resize my volume/file system with vxresise...I keep getting
    a ERROR: Cannont determine file system current size for volume /XXX.

    command: vxresize -F vxfs -g oradg u01 +1g

    Anyone seen this?

  2. Re: vxresize

    Brian,

    This is a known issue with VxVM 3.1. To fix this, you will need to contact
    support to get hold of VxVM 3.1-Patch04 which addresses this.

    For the time being, the only workaround is to -
    - grow the volume manually
    - grow the filesystem which resides on the volume manually

    Cheers,
    Prad.

    "Brian Fergerson" wrote:

    >When trying to resize my volume/file system with vxresise...I keep getting
    >a ERROR: Cannont determine file system current size for volume /XXX.
    >
    >command: vxresize -F vxfs -g oradg u01 +1g
    >
    >Anyone seen this?

+ Reply to Thread