fsck after crash ! - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on fsck after crash ! - Veritas Volume Manager ; After a power loss to my EMC disk storage, my connected Sun server with VxFs mounts started to complain. Once the EMC came back on-line a df -k showed I/O errors with statvfs. I attempted to unmount and remount which ...

  1. fsck after crash !

    After a power loss to my EMC disk storage, my connected Sun server with
    VxFs mounts started to complain. Once the EMC came back on-line a df -k
    showed I/O errors with statvfs. I attempted to unmount and remount
    which did not work. I rebooted the server when the VxFs filesystems were
    checked with fsck it appeared that fsck was run with the -f option.
    Anyone have any clues on this ?

  2. Re: fsck after crash !

    Kevin,

    VxFS will always run a log replay fsck on reboots. The only way this could
    change is if someone has modified your /etc/vfstab to run a full fsck with
    the '-y' option.

    Regards,
    Prad.

    Kevin R Comber wrote:
    >After a power loss to my EMC disk storage, my connected Sun server with
    >VxFs mounts started to complain. Once the EMC came back on-line a df -k
    >showed I/O errors with statvfs. I attempted to unmount and remount
    >which did not work. I rebooted the server when the VxFs filesystems were
    >checked with fsck it appeared that fsck was run with the -f option.
    >Anyone have any clues on this ?

+ Reply to Thread