hot add of disk - VM 2.5.4 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on hot add of disk - VM 2.5.4 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a Sun E450 and have added 4 new drives. I then ran drvconfig and disks. I now see the drives with format, but cannot initialize them in VM. Is there anyway to bring them in without rebooting the ...

  1. hot add of disk - VM 2.5.4

    I have a Sun E450 and have added 4 new drives.
    I then ran drvconfig and disks. I now see the
    drives with format, but cannot initialize them
    in VM. Is there anyway to bring them in without
    rebooting the system. It may be a while before I
    can schedule a reboot. The error message says
    "c2t2d0 isn't in /dev/vx/rdmp".

    thanks,
    Ken

  2. Re: hot add of disk - VM 2.5.4

    Hi ken
    why dont u try out like this....

    1st after formatting
    # vxdisk list
    if ur unable to initailizing...
    # vxdctl enable
    # vxdisksetup -i give-your-slice-name(c0t45d3)

    thankS
    hari

    "Ken Sibley" wrote:

    >I have a Sun E450 and have added 4 new drives.
    >I then ran drvconfig and disks. I now see the
    >drives with format, but cannot initialize them
    >in VM. Is there anyway to bring them in without
    >rebooting the system. It may be a while before I
    >can schedule a reboot. The error message says
    >"c2t2d0 isn't in /dev/vx/rdmp".
    >
    >thanks,
    >Ken

  3. Re: hot add of disk - VM 2.5.4

    Run #vxdctl enable command so that VM will see the new devices and it will
    create the dev links in /dev/vx/rdmp.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Ken Sibley wrote in message

    > I have a Sun E450 and have added 4 new drives.
    > I then ran drvconfig and disks. I now see the
    > drives with format, but cannot initialize them
    > in VM. Is there anyway to bring them in without
    > rebooting the system. It may be a while before I
    > can schedule a reboot. The error message says
    > "c2t2d0 isn't in /dev/vx/rdmp".
    >
    > thanks,
    > Ken

+ Reply to Thread