Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04 - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, anybody has the procedure to upgrade vxvm to 3.04 only? Thanks...

  1. Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04

    Hi,
    anybody has the procedure to upgrade vxvm to 3.04 only?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04

    THe info is in the installation manual, look for the section "upgrading OS
    & VM" but DONT follow the steps about upgrading OS.

    It is very important to take a look for the patches required for the upgrade!!!!

    I have done this upgrade for 12 times in the last 4 months.

    Good Luck.

    "Gilberto" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >anybody has the procedure to upgrade vxvm to 3.04 only?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04

    Juan,

    Do you have the procedure?

    Best regards.

    "Juan" wrote:

    >THe info is in the installation manual, look for the section "upgrading

    OS
    >& VM" but DONT follow the steps about upgrading OS.
    >
    >It is very important to take a look for the patches required for the upgrade!!!!
    >
    >I have done this upgrade for 12 times in the last 4 months.
    >
    >Good Luck.
    >

    >"Gilberto" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>anybody has the procedure to upgrade vxvm to 3.04 only?
    >>
    >>Thanks

  4. Re: Upgrade VXVM 3.0.2 to 3.04

    First of all why do you want to upgrade form 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 when there is
    more superior version available. I think upgrading to VM 3.1 is more
    appropriate than upgrading to VM 3.0.4.

    You have to follow the upgrade procedure listed in the to release ( i.,e
    3.0.4 or 3.1 ) documentation like install guide.

    Please follow the instrurations which is existing in the section "Upgrading
    VM with out OS" if you are upgrading only VM.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Gilberto wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > anybody has the procedure to upgrade vxvm to 3.04 only?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread