Vmsa problem on Solaris 7 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Vmsa problem on Solaris 7 - Veritas Volume Manager ; Has anyone ran into the problem where vmsa just hangs and won't go to the login screen? My exposure to Veritas is limited so any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance. Solaris 7 --sparc-- Randy Romero...

  1. Vmsa problem on Solaris 7

    Has anyone ran into the problem where vmsa just hangs and won't go
    to the login screen? My exposure to Veritas is limited so any help
    would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

    Solaris 7 --sparc--

    Randy Romero

  2. Re: Vmsa problem on Solaris 7

    "Randy Romero" wrote:

    >Has anyone ran into the problem where vmsa just hangs and won't go
    >to the login screen? My exposure to Veritas is limited so any help
    >would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

    Hi Randy,

    I have had that happen at times. I have gotten around this by
    killing and restarting the vmsa_server.

    I've also had problems starting the GUI from the Korn shell.

    Ron

  3. Re: Vmsa problem on Solaris 7

    Hi,

    Can i get the pkginfo -l VRTSvmsa and also pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm to see
    whether the problem you have is a known problem or not.

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    Randy Romero wrote in message

    > Has anyone ran into the problem where vmsa just hangs and won't go
    > to the login screen? My exposure to Veritas is limited so any help
    > would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
    >

    > Solaris 7 --sparc--
    >

    > Randy Romero

+ Reply to Thread