Oracle, RAID and a A5200 Sun storage array - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Oracle, RAID and a A5200 Sun storage array - Veritas Volume Manager ; Does anyone have an opinion as to the best type of RAID to use in this situation. I am setting up database server (E4500 w/ORACLE Enterprice server) connected to a A5200 storage Array (16 disks). I am looking for maximum ...

  1. Oracle, RAID and a A5200 Sun storage array

    Does anyone have an opinion as to the best type of RAID to use in
    this situation. I am setting up database server (E4500 w/ORACLE
    Enterprice server) connected to a A5200 storage Array (16 disks).
    I am looking for maximum performance (throughput from high rate of reqests
    with
    realitivly small data returned) and redundancy in a HA environment.
    Some feedback from this user community could be helpful in putting
    together an optimal system. Thanks.

  2. Re: Oracle, RAID and a A5200 Sun storage array

    Hi, for good performance and if space is not a problem,
    it better to use RAID 0+1.(STRIPING WITH MIRRORING)

    THANKS
    HARI

    "Bruce Klein" wrote:

    >Does anyone have an opinion as to the best type of RAID to use in
    >this situation. I am setting up database server (E4500 w/ORACLE
    >Enterprice server) connected to a A5200 storage Array (16 disks).
    >I am looking for maximum performance (throughput from high rate of reqests
    >with
    >realitivly small data returned) and redundancy in a HA environment.
    >Some feedback from this user community could be helpful in putting
    >together an optimal system. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread