How get get version information from vxvm and vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How get get version information from vxvm and vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager ; I've taken over a group of servers that use Veritas Volume Manager and vmsa to provide the interface. How can I tell what version is installed ??? I'd prefer a command line interface so I can run a script on ...

  1. How get get version information from vxvm and vmsa

    I've taken over a group of servers that use Veritas Volume
    Manager and vmsa to provide the interface. How can I tell
    what version is installed ??? I'd prefer a command line
    interface so I can run a script on each server to gather
    this information.

    Thanks...Don

  2. Re: How get get version information from vxvm and vmsa

    On a Solaris machine you can run the following command:

    pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm <-- for Volume Manager
    pkginfo -l VRTSvmsa <-- for Storage Admin

    Sorry, that is the only platform I use with Veritas.

    "Don" wrote:

    >I've taken over a group of servers that use Veritas Volume
    >Manager and vmsa to provide the interface. How can I tell
    >what version is installed ??? I'd prefer a command line
    >interface so I can run a script on each server to gather
    >this information.
    >
    >Thanks...Don

+ Reply to Thread