how2 import another rootdg as a renamed dg - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on how2 import another rootdg as a renamed dg - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi Anyone know how I could import a rootdg from another host on a VxVM 3.1 Solaris without messing up existing rootdg, just to peek into the VxFS volumes from the other rootdg, eg. mount read only some of the ...

  1. how2 import another rootdg as a renamed dg

    Hi

    Anyone know how I could import a rootdg from another host on a VxVM 3.1
    Solaris without messing up existing rootdg, just to peek into the VxFS
    volumes from the other rootdg, eg. mount read only some of the volumes
    from it ?

  2. Re: how2 import another rootdg as a renamed dg

    Sorry just forget it again, since

    I did get 'vxdg -n newname import rootdg' to import it after all, dont know
    what when wrong the first time

    Steffen Winther Sørensen wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how I could import a rootdg from another host on a VxVM 3.1
    > Solaris without messing up existing rootdg, just to peek into the VxFS
    > volumes from the other rootdg, eg. mount read only some of the volumes
    > from it ?

+ Reply to Thread