If I ran vxstat to get statistics every 5 seconds, using the following command:
vxstat -g oradg -i 5

What is the time unit for the R/W operations and R/W blocks columns?
Are the numbers shown the statistics for the entire interval specified in
the vxstat call? Or are the numbers a per second number, just like iostat?

In other words, from the following example, for vol01, did a total of 139008
blocks get read over the entire 5 sec. interval, or is the 139008 blocks
the average # of blocks read per second during that interval.

Also, I'm assuming 512 byte blocks. Is this correct?

Example:
OPERATIONS BLOCKS AVG TIME(ms)
TYP NAME READ WRITE READ WRITE READ WRITE

Tue Feb 06 17:44:04 2001
vol vol01 543 0 139008 0 10.6 0.0
vol vol02 620 0 158720 0 10.7 0.0
vol vol03 606 0 155136 0 10.5 0.0