How to recovering encaps. rootdg ? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to recovering encaps. rootdg ? - Veritas Volume Manager ; How can I recreate an encapsulated rootdg during disaster recovery ? What steps do I have to take ? Thanks a lot, Peter...

  1. How to recovering encaps. rootdg ?

    How can I recreate an encapsulated rootdg during disaster recovery ?
    What steps do I have to take ?

    Thanks a lot,
    Peter

  2. Re: How to recovering encaps. rootdg ?

    Peter Dansing wrote:

    > How can I recreate an encapsulated rootdg during disaster recovery ?
    > What steps do I have to take ?

    Have you tried booting on a Solaris cdrom and mount the / partition eg.
    on /mnt and fixing the two files /mnt/etc/vfstab and /mnt/etc/system, so
    to boot on the normal solaris partition and them re-encapsulate once
    recovered (through vxinstall again).

    Of course this would be a nice thing to try before needed in reel life

    > Thanks a lot,
    > Peter

+ Reply to Thread