vxdisk list shows disk as "online invalid" - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxdisk list shows disk as "online invalid" - Veritas Volume Manager ; Does anyone know what "online invalid" means in a "vxdisk list" output?? This disk has been part of a vg and all others disks in the vg are fine. "vxprint -ht" shows "NO DEVICE" , however the host has no ...

  1. vxdisk list shows disk as "online invalid"

    Does anyone know what "online invalid" means in a "vxdisk list" output??
    This disk has been part of a vg and all others disks in the vg are fine.
    "vxprint -ht" shows "NO DEVICE" , however the host has no problem seeing the
    device. The public and private regions seem to be in tact looking via format
    (Sun).

  2. Re: vxdisk list shows disk as "online invalid"

    We have had a similar problem. It turned out that the disk was corrupt and
    we had to have it replaced. This may not be the case, but try doing a prtvtoc
    on the disk. We were unable to access the vtoc. What we noticed was that
    the host had no problem seeing the disk until we tried a few veritas commands
    on it such as uninitializing and re-initializing the disk.
    Regards
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread