upgrade of solaris from 2.5.1 to 2.6 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on upgrade of solaris from 2.5.1 to 2.6 - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi We are going to upgrade our main server (E3000) at the end of next month from Solaris 2.5.1 to 2.6. This server has 2 sparc storage arrays connected to it which are configured under Veritas Volume Manager. Do I ...

  1. upgrade of solaris from 2.5.1 to 2.6

    Hi

    We are going to upgrade our main server (E3000) at the end of
    next month from Solaris 2.5.1 to 2.6.
    This server has 2 sparc storage arrays connected to it
    which are configured under Veritas Volume Manager.

    Do I need to perform anything as regards to VM during this upgrade.
    OR beforehand may be?

    Thanks
    Jignesh

  2. Re: upgrade of solaris from 2.5.1 to 2.6

    When I did the same thing last year I was told to remove the Veritas Software
    from the system. The disk configuration resides on the disks themselves.
    Upgrade the OS then reinstall volume manager. Check sunsolve for detailed
    instructions.

    "Jignesh Patel" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    > We are going to upgrade our main server (E3000) at the end of
    > next month from Solaris 2.5.1 to 2.6.
    > This server has 2 sparc storage arrays connected to it
    > which are configured under Veritas Volume Manager.
    >
    > Do I need to perform anything as regards to VM during this upgrade.
    > OR beforehand may be?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Jignesh

+ Reply to Thread