Demo License Expired - Read only File systems - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Demo License Expired - Read only File systems - Veritas Volume Manager ; My Demo license for VXVM expired and now my systems boots up with read-only access. I tried updating the license key using vxlicense but it comes back with an error that it can not write the new license key file. ...

  1. Demo License Expired - Read only File systems

    My Demo license for VXVM expired and now my systems boots up with read-only
    access. I tried updating the license key using
    vxlicense but it comes back with an error that it can not write
    the new license key file. I also try removing Veritas using
    vxunroot but I got back a "Write error". what can I do to either
    update the license key file or remove veritas?.

  2. Re: Demo License Expired - Read only File systems

    What version of VxVM are you running?

    "Freddy" wrote in message news:3a6c9d8d$1@hronntp01....

    > My Demo license for VXVM expired and now my systems boots up with

    read-only
    > access. I tried updating the license key using
    > vxlicense but it comes back with an error that it can not write
    > the new license key file. I also try removing Veritas using
    > vxunroot but I got back a "Write error". what can I do to either
    > update the license key file or remove veritas?.

  3. Re: Demo License Expired - Read only File systems

    Are you running vxlicense as root? If you're not, you'll probably have
    trouble updating the license file.

    Freddy wrote in message news:3a6c9d8d$1@hronntp01....

    > My Demo license for VXVM expired and now my systems boots up with

    read-only
    > access. I tried updating the license key using
    > vxlicense but it comes back with an error that it can not write
    > the new license key file. I also try removing Veritas using
    > vxunroot but I got back a "Write error". what can I do to either
    > update the license key file or remove veritas?.

+ Reply to Thread