vxvm disk group problem - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxvm disk group problem - Veritas Volume Manager ; We have a 3 node cluster running VCS (version 1.1.1) and VXVM (version 3.0.2). A disk failed last week (for reasons we don't know) so we removed it and replaced it with one from the free disk pool. The disks ...

  1. vxvm disk group problem

    We have a 3 node cluster running VCS (version 1.1.1) and VXVM (version 3.0.2).
    A disk failed last week (for reasons we don't know) so we removed it and
    replaced it with one from the free disk pool. The disks belong to machine
    B, but the disk group is running on machine A. When we put the new disk into
    the disk group, machine A showed it as being part of the disk group, but
    machine B still shows it as being in it's free disk pool. Any help much appreciated.
    Regards
    Peter Jones

  2. Re: vxvm disk group problem

    Hi Peter,

    Run vxconfigd on machine B so that it will re-read the private region of all the disk &
    then update the disk group configuration.

    Thanks
    vikash

    Peter Jones wrote:

    > We have a 3 node cluster running VCS (version 1.1.1) and VXVM (version 3.0.2).
    > A disk failed last week (for reasons we don't know) so we removed it and
    > replaced it with one from the free disk pool. The disks belong to machine
    > B, but the disk group is running on machine A. When we put the new disk into
    > the disk group, machine A showed it as being part of the disk group, but
    > machine B still shows it as being in it's free disk pool. Any help much appreciated.
    > Regards
    > Peter Jones

  3. Re: vxvm disk group problem

    Please ignore my earlier message.

    Please run the vxdctl enable on system B

    Thanks
    vikashg

    Vikash Gupta wrote:

    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > Run vxconfigd on machine B so that it will re-read the private region of all the disk &
    > then update the disk group configuration.
    >
    > Thanks
    > vikash
    >
    > Peter Jones wrote:
    >
    > > We have a 3 node cluster running VCS (version 1.1.1) and VXVM (version 3.0.2).
    > > A disk failed last week (for reasons we don't know) so we removed it and
    > > replaced it with one from the free disk pool. The disks belong to machine
    > > B, but the disk group is running on machine A. When we put the new disk into
    > > the disk group, machine A showed it as being part of the disk group, but
    > > machine B still shows it as being in it's free disk pool. Any help much appreciated.
    > > Regards
    > > Peter Jones

+ Reply to Thread