New Installation hangs - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on New Installation hangs - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi I am installing VVM 3.02 on an Ultra 60. When I do a pkgadd and select VVM binaries, it goes thro' the installation, but hangs after adding vxio vxspec vxdump line to //etc/system. I can't do pkgrm either, as ...

  1. New Installation hangs

    Hi
    I am installing VVM 3.02 on an Ultra 60. When I do a pkgadd and select
    VVM binaries, it goes thro' the installation, but hangs after adding vxio
    vxspec vxdump line to //etc/system.
    I can't do pkgrm either, as it hangs after trying to stop RPC daemon. I
    am struck badly. This being a FW, I can't reboot either. Any help will be
    appreciated. Thx
    Ragu

  2. Re: New Installation hangs

    Hi
    Tech support advised me to increase disk space, add patches. Still hangs
    like this:

    ## Executing postinstall script.

    Copy //kernel/drv/vxio.SunOS_5.6 to //kernel/drv/vxio...
    Copy //kernel/drv/vxspec.SunOS_5.6 to //kernel/drv/vxspec...
    Copy //sbin/vxconfigd.SunOS_5.6 to //sbin/vxconfigd...
    Copy //kernel/drv/vxdmp.SunOS_5.6 to //kernel/drv/vxdmp...

    Adding vxdmp driver for SunOS version 5.6...

    Adding vxio driver for SunOS version 5.6...

    Can someone pl. help. Thx
    Ragu

    "Ragu" wrote:

    >Hi
    > I am installing VVM 3.02 on an Ultra 60. When I do a pkgadd and select
    >VVM binaries, it goes thro' the installation, but hangs after adding vxio
    >vxspec vxdump line to //etc/system.
    > I can't do pkgrm either, as it hangs after trying to stop RPC daemon. I
    >am struck badly. This being a FW, I can't reboot either. Any help will be
    >appreciated. Thx
    >Ragu

+ Reply to Thread