Veritas File System/Volume Manager vs. HP On-Line JFS/LVM - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas File System/Volume Manager vs. HP On-Line JFS/LVM - Veritas Volume Manager ; Can anyone point me in the direction of some comparison documentation for Veritas FileSystem vs HP On-Line JFS. We are an HP Shop and are talking about Veritas Netbackup and someone suggested we should get both Veritas File System and ...

  1. Veritas File System/Volume Manager vs. HP On-Line JFS/LVM

    Can anyone point me in the direction of some comparison documentation for
    Veritas FileSystem vs HP On-Line JFS.
    We are an HP Shop and are talking about Veritas Netbackup and someone suggested
    we should get both Veritas File System and
    Veritas Volume Manager.
    What I need to know is what would I gain by getting the Veritas Filesystem
    and volume manager? Has anyone ever seen a comparison documentation and
    if so, where?

    Thanks,

    Deicy

  2. Re: Veritas File System/Volume Manager vs. HP On-Line JFS/LVM

    HP's JFS is from Veritas. It does not have all the functionality of the Veritas
    File System.
    Veritas File System is not supported on HP-UX. You must use HP's JFS.
    Veritas Volume Manager is supported.

    - Chris

    "Deicy" wrote:

    >Can anyone point me in the direction of some comparison documentation for
    >Veritas FileSystem vs HP On-Line JFS.
    >We are an HP Shop and are talking about Veritas Netbackup and someone suggested
    >we should get both Veritas File System and
    >Veritas Volume Manager.
    >What I need to know is what would I gain by getting the Veritas Filesystem
    >and volume manager? Has anyone ever seen a comparison documentation and
    >if so, where?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Deicy

+ Reply to Thread