VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs - Veritas Volume Manager ; When I run the VMSA client (on the same machine as the server), the client hangs after displaying the splash screen. The message "Launching vmsa window ..." is displayed, but the main window never appears. The client and server are ...

  1. VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs

    When I run the VMSA client (on the same machine as the server),
    the client hangs after displaying the splash screen. The
    message "Launching vmsa window ..." is displayed, but the
    main window never appears. The client and server are running
    on a Solaris 2.6 box with a recent set of recommended patches.

    I checked the VMSA log file (/var/opt/vmsa/logs/server.log),
    but didn't see any error messages.

    Before I upgraded (from VMSA 3.0.6 and VxVM 3.0.4), things
    worked fine (serves me right for upgrading!).

    If anyone has encountered this problem, I'd appreciate
    hearing from you ...

    -Richard

  2. Re: VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs

    I have the exact same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

    Thanks.

    Ron

    "Richard Zinar" wrote:

    >When I run the VMSA client (on the same machine as the server),
    >the client hangs after displaying the splash screen. The
    >message "Launching vmsa window ..." is displayed, but the
    >main window never appears. The client and server are running
    >on a Solaris 2.6 box with a recent set of recommended patches.
    >
    >I checked the VMSA log file (/var/opt/vmsa/logs/server.log),
    >but didn't see any error messages.
    >
    >Before I upgraded (from VMSA 3.0.6 and VxVM 3.0.4), things
    >worked fine (serves me right for upgrading!).
    >
    >If anyone has encountered this problem, I'd appreciate
    >hearing from you ...
    >
    >-Richard

  3. Re: VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs

    Hi, Ron

    Did veritas support open case or solve the problem for you?
    Now we are waiting for australian support to reply.
    By the way, my vm version is 3.1.1 with the newest patch2 and
    vmsa with newest patch1. EMC symmetrix8430.

    "Ron Bergeron" wrote in message

    > I have the exact same issue. Did you ever figure it out?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ron
    >
    > "Richard Zinar" wrote:
    > >
    > >When I run the VMSA client (on the same machine as the server),
    > >the client hangs after displaying the splash screen. The
    > >message "Launching vmsa window ..." is displayed, but the
    > >main window never appears. The client and server are running
    > >on a Solaris 2.6 box with a recent set of recommended patches.
    > >
    > >I checked the VMSA log file (/var/opt/vmsa/logs/server.log),
    > >but didn't see any error messages.
    > >
    > >Before I upgraded (from VMSA 3.0.6 and VxVM 3.0.4), things
    > >worked fine (serves me right for upgrading!).
    > >
    > >If anyone has encountered this problem, I'd appreciate
    > >hearing from you ...
    > >
    > >-Richard

  4. Re: VMSA (Version 3.1) client hangs

    hi ,

    If it is startign at "getting info" place on the splach screen then this is
    a problem in VMSA. This was fixed in VM 3.2 version.

    Please ask suypport people to check for the incedents for " VMSA is locking
    at getting service info".

    Thanks,
    Prasad Gondi

    > I have the exact same issue. Did you ever figure it out?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ron
    >
    > "Richard Zinar" wrote:
    > >
    > >When I run the VMSA client (on the same machine as the server),
    > >the client hangs after displaying the splash screen. The
    > >message "Launching vmsa window ..." is displayed, but the
    > >main window never appears. The client and server are running
    > >on a Solaris 2.6 box with a recent set of recommended patches.
    > >
    > >I checked the VMSA log file (/var/opt/vmsa/logs/server.log),
    > >but didn't see any error messages.
    > >
    > >Before I upgraded (from VMSA 3.0.6 and VxVM 3.0.4), things
    > >worked fine (serves me right for upgrading!).
    > >
    > >If anyone has encountered this problem, I'd appreciate
    > >hearing from you ...
    > >
    > >-Richard

+ Reply to Thread